Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Metalsmithing / New items

I decided awhile ago that it would be important to add metalsmithing into my jewelry lines. I have been practicing and working hard (metalsmithing is not easy!). Here are some of my newest creations, I hope that you like them.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/194801289/tourmaline-sterling-silver-ring-size-75?ref=listing-6


Getting the bezels to fit around the stones is challenging and then soldering the bezels is challenging. If the flame isn't hot enough then your solder doesn't actually chemically bond with the silver, if the flame is too hot you can overheat the solder and melt the silver bezel. I think I melted 3 bezels before I ever actually got one right! LOL!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/194975808/tourmaline-sterling-silver-ring-size-85?ref=listing-shop-header-1


On this one I left the base plate beneath the stone a little larger so it has more presence on the finger. I think it worked out pretty well. The light pink is a bit brighter than the dark peach tourmaline.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/195100985/sterling-silver-statement-earrings?ref=listing-shop-header-0




I am feeling really proud of these earrings! They were so hard to make!! The silver kept hardening under the pressure of the hammering and so I think I annealed the silver (made it soft again) 4 to 5 times per earring!! I really like how the rainbow patina came out in these too. It's different from the patinas typically showcased on Etsy.

I am working on this crazy custom setting for a beautiful natural Ocean Jasper. I can't wait to share that with you.

Oh, my favorite jewelry artist is back from her month long shopping spree from Beijing China. I am always inspired by her work!

I'm going to participate in Christmas in July this year. Official dates are July 10th through the 20th. I'll be posting more about that after the 4th holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment