Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Rings and Moonstones

I made another ring tonight. It turned out pretty good. I have a bit more to perfect on the split band. That's tricky, getting each 1/2 of the split to not only be the exact same size but also bend in the exact same way. I would say I was 70% successful. It's not perfect, but it is handmade.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/195210014/natural-chalcedony-sterling-silver-ring?ref=listing-0






Also the larger the stone is the more important it is that the bezel fits tight. I didn't melt my bezel today! Yay!

Oh, and by the way, natural gemstones are so much better than man made, man enhanced, whatever. My opinion.

So, I picked up these peach moonstones today. I guess I'll be working on this tomorrow before fireworks. Or I may just leave it for Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment